South Korea may not censor the internet as heavily as China or the United Arab Emirates, but there are definitely limits. However, a VPN is a quick and easy way to improve online security: It encrypts your traffic and prevents it from being read by governments, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), or malicious third parties.
Additionally, a Korea virtual private network (written as 한국 가상 사설망 in the Korean language) lets you route your traffic through servers in other parts of the world. It provides you with a temporary region-specific IP address with which you can easily circumvent national restrictions and access the Internet freely. This is useful in countries with strict online censorship, but it also makes it easy to access popular geo-blocked services from abroad.
Image Source: Google
In this article, we will take a detailed look at each VPN operating in South Korea. If you don’t want to read the whole article, here’s our full list of the best VPN service providers for South Korea:
- Hotspot Shield
With so many different VPNs out there, it’s often hard to compare exactly. To find the best VPN for South Korea, we looked for a service with the following features:
- Can bypass South Korea internet restrictions.
- Provides a fast and reliable connection.
- There is a large server network with many servers in high-traffic countries like the United States.
- Uses effective encryption that goes undetected and offers additional advanced security features.
- Does not register any personal data. Ideally, it doesn’t save any registers.
- Contains applications for all common operating systems and devices.