It is important that Drupal developers has knowledge of
- HTML (5)
- CSS (3)
It is also important that any Drupal developers have knowledge of other important factors: –
- Helper functions; 'Helpers' is a library, or toolbox, with lots of very useful functions to help build modules and sites more easily, faster and smarter. Because it is six modules in a single package; you only need to enable the parts that are needed.
- Knowledge of Ajax
- Knowledge of Drupal contributed modules
- Understanding of Drupal performance architecture (or your site will be slow)
- Understanding of security protocols
1) Drupal Helper Functions: Drupal comes with a series of helper functions and "hooks" which serve two main purposes.
i) They ensure new modules can be built without conflicts. It is possible to use Drupal as a base and ignore the inbuilt functions, using custom PHP alone, but what inevitably results is a 'car crash'.
ii) They dramatically speed up coding by avoiding re-inventing the wheel, and they ensure best practise, handling data securely.