When you have an injury, a sports medicine doctor is the only one who can diagnose your injury and treat it. However, that doesn't mean you should see a sports medicine doctor just because of an ankle injury, or a hand injury.

The best choice, if you're seeking for orthopedics and sports medicine, is Cape Fear Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. Our team of experts offers a variety of treatments and services to help you achieve your fitness goals.

Image Source: Google

There are many types of injuries that can be treated by a sports medicine doctor. Some of the most common types of injuries include: 

-Strains and sprains

-Cuts and tears

-Injuries to the chest, neck, and back

-Injuries to the knee and ankle

What should you do if you see your orthopedic doctor for a sports injury?

If you are experiencing pain, stiffness, and swelling in your injured area, it is best to see a sports medicine doctor. This is because many sports injuries are not minor and may require surgery or other serious treatment. Injuries that occur during physical activity can range from minor discomfort to more serious problems like torn ligaments, broken bones, and concussions. 

If you experience any of the following symptoms, it is best to consult a sports medicine doctor: persistent pain, increased inflammation or swelling, redness or warmth around the injury, difficulty moving your injured area, or fever. If you have suffered an injury that has caused a fracture or dislocation, see a doctor as soon as possible for further evaluation and treatment.